Place all ingredients in mixing bowl of stand mixer (or large bowl if you don’t have a stand mixer). Mix on high until soft peaks form. Do not over beat! We don’t want peanut butter butter. Actually, that might be tasty. But that’s not what we’re going for here.
Brownies. An all-American favorite. I’ve been making them for years, although they’ve never really been one of my personal favorites. Until now! I’ve taken the everyday brownie mix and turned it into a super fun treat – brownie kabobs!
Now, to make these extra special, I recommend preparing the brownie batter as directed, and then separating it into 2 or 3 different bowls. Mix in some different add-ins in each bowl. For mine, I separated the batter into 3 bowls. I added chopped peanut butter cups to one, white chocolate chips to another, and the third, well, I called these my tropical wild card brownies. Shredded coconut flakes, chopped macadamia nuts, and fresh lime juice. You need to try it!
If you can, I recommend using appetizer sticks. They’re longer than a toothpick so you can slide 3 little brownie bites onto each one.
1 brownie mix
Eggs, oil, and water (as instructed on the mix)
15-20 mini peanut butter cups, chopped
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Juice of 1 lime
3/4 cup shredded coconut flakes
3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
Toothpicks, wooden coffee stirrers, or appetizer sticks
1. Prepare brownie mix according to instructions on box. Separate batter into 3 bowls.
2. Mix peanut butter cups into one bowl. Add white chocolate chips into another bowl. Add lime juice, coconut, and macadamia nuts into third bowl.
3. Carefully pour each of the batters into a 13 x 9 inch pan. (if you’d like, you can also use loaf pans and bake the batters separately to ensure flavors do not mix)
4. Bake according to package instructions. Allow to cool.
5. Cut brownies into 1-inch squares. Slide onto toothpick, appetizer stick or wooden coffee stirrer.
*Bonus!* Because you know, the brownies on their own aren’t enough. We need to dip them in something!
Peanut butter dipping mousse
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla